The first thing i've tried since i left uni for the summer is modeling this old citoren. I started by finding some blueprints online, adding them to the incandescence of a lambert on a plane and positioning them top, side and front.
A lot of totorials I have seen say to use nurbs for this kind of model, and after doing this one with polygons, i agree that they are probably the better material to use. However at this point in my maya learning nurbs are scarey!
So long story short this is what i came up with, took around 8 hours all told i guess. I may go on to create an interior, but i think i would like to pursue the nurbs method for a new exterior, most likley of a different car so's i dont get bored of looking at this one!