home - about - showreel - clients - contact - blog


Thursday 21 October 2010

human anatomy - my favorite subject



Ok so many of you who know me will know i'm sort of obsessed with the female form, with sketchbooks littered with observations. So after a short week's break from producing anything big in maya, I decided to see what stage I'm up to with my modeling uv layout and texturing skills by attempting another human figure, with the emphasis on photorealism.

I'm really happy with the results, and now after a year of learning Maya's possibilities and limitations, I am starting to understand a lot more about the pipeline processes used in creating computer animation from the ground up.

If there is one area in which i am still wildly ignorant, its rigging. I did make a joint skeleton and curve control rig for this model, and for the most part, it worked. However the elbows would not perform as planned for, and i had forgotten to inset clavical joints in my joint chain before binding so i just left it for the time being.

So the last thing i plan to research and study before I officially start uni again on the 25th is rigging and muscle systems. Until then, enjoy this demo of my female model!



No comments:

Post a Comment