home - about - showreel - clients - contact - blog


Thursday 13 January 2011

Render Layers

It feels like over the last couple of months, I  (and the others in my group) have really stepped up a few levels in my understanding of many areas of VFX.

One dramatic change is now my use of layers when rendering. no more is it essential to spend days and days ballancing lighting and render settings for shots, then outputting forever as a single image.

Now the doors to compositing are open to me, and it is really starting to become clear that COMPOSITING is the heart of all VFX.

the images i have chosen to represent this dont really do my new understanding justice, however they are the best i have on my computer at the present time as i have just cleaned off all of the last project files.


No comments:

Post a Comment